Dr. Dulumoni Das
Associate ProfessorPh.D. : Delhi University
Research Interests:Applied Statistics, Bio-Statistics, Health Statistics
Joined the University in Aug 30, 2003
The research interest and expertise of Dr. Das lies in the field of Biostatistics. Her works include the development of statistical methodologies with applications in a biomedical context. She worked on different aspects of morbidity process -incidence, survival, and prevalence to understand different aspects of diseases. Her doctoral dissertation focused on distinct problems pertaining to the estimation of HIV mortality rate, the expected proportion of AIDS cases, and the survival function of clinically diagnosed AIDS patients under various conditions. This can help to better understand the trend of AIDS progression, in order to guide the development of treatment strategies and also to take into account the roles of clinical factors in antiviral activities. Interdisciplinary research practice is also embraced by Dr. Das and effectively worked on various problems relating to school education in different districts of Assam and mental health issues of adolescents of government schools of Assam. Besides social science, she has also been motivated to work in the field of plant science.
- An analytical study on Reasons for decline in enrolment in Government schools, funded by SSA (Sarba Siksha Abhiyan), Govt. of Assam, Amount: Rs.5,00,000.
- The impact of Early Childhood Education (ECE) provision through the introduction of pre-primary sections (Ka’ and ‘Kha’- Shreni) in government primary schools of Assam, Funded by SCERT Govt of Assam, Amount: Rs. 97,000.
- Mental Health Status of school-going adolescents in Kamrup districts. Funded by SCERT Govt of Assam, Amount: Rs. 9,88,000.
Research paper publications till 2021
- Empirical Bayes Estimates of Survival Time for Clinically Diagnosed AIDS Cases, Assam Statistical Review, Vol. 18, No. 1-2, pp. 75-80.
- Estimation of Survivability of Clinically Diagnosed AIDS Cases under Competing Risks using Cox’s Regression Model, International Journal of Statistical Sciences, Vol. 3, 2004, pp 21-27.
- On the Construction of Clinical Life Table for Studying the Survivability of Diagnosed AIDS Cases, Journal of Communication Diseases, 37(3): 165-172.
- A Family of Abel Series Distributions of Order k, Pakistan Journal of Statistics, Vol. 24, No. 3, 2008, pp. 173-178, ISSN No. 1012-9367, Impact Factor: 1.2 (2004).
- Some Aspects of Success Runs and Geometric Distribution of Order k, Published in the proceeding of 96th Indian Science Congress at NEHU, Shillong, during January 3-7, 2009, pp. 32.
- Decrement Table and the Estimation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Mortality Rate with an Application to Haemophilia-associated Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Journal of AIDS and HIV Research, USA, Vol. 3(1), pp. 11-19, January 2011, ISSN No. 2141-2359.
- On the Estimation of Expected Proportion of AIDS Cases using Bayesian Approach, The ICFAI University Journal of Computational Mathematics, Vol. IV, No. 2, June 2011, pp.37-48, ISSN No. 0974-6544.
- Meta-Analytic Measurement of HIV/AIDS Awareness, Prevention and Accepting Attitude toward People Living with HIV/AIDS in the Seven States of North East India, International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine & Public Health, Vol. 3(12), pp. 868-878, December 2011, ISSN 1840-4529.
- Association Between Area-level Socio-Economic Status and Hypertension in EAG States of India: An insight from NFHS-IV 2015-16, International Journal of Agricultural Statistical Sciences, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 39-52, 2019, ISSN No. 0973-3914.
- Diversity of Traditional Herbaceous Species in the Cuisine of Assam with their Nutritional and Ethno Medicinal Potential: the Quantitative Approach, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research, Vol.6, Issue 6, pp. 402-417, June 2019, ISSN No. 2349-5162.
- A Study on the Problems of School Education in Amalgamated Schools of Kamrup Districts of Assam, Research Journal of Social and Life Sciences, UGC Journal No. 40942, Impact Factor 3.928, Vol. XXIX, Sept 2019.
Book publication relating subject/research concerned
"Statistical Methods on HIV/AIDS" ISBN No. 978-3-659-21418-9, published on 05.02.14 by LAP Lambert Publishing House, Germany.
|Sl.No||Name||Research Topic||Roll No|
|2||Rupak Khataniar||Medical Statistics & Stochastic Processes|
Conference/Seminar/ Workshop :
- Participated in the workshop on Operations Research sponsored by SQC & OR Unit of ISI, Hyderabad, and organized by Department of Statistics, Gauhati University from January 28, 2004 – February 2, 2004.
- Participated as a member of registration, meeting arrangement committee in the 12th National Children’s Science Congress, held at Guwahati during 27-31 December 2004 co-hosted by Cotton College, Guwahati.
- Participated in the workshop on Applied Statistics organized by the Applied Statistics Unit of ISI, Kolkata in collaboration with the Department of Statistics, Gauhati University from 28th February 2006 – 2nd March 2006.
- Participated in a series of talks entitled ‘A Convenient way of generating gamma random variables using generalized exponential distribution’, delivered by Prof. Rameshwar D. Gupta, University of New Brunswick, Canada on 29th September 2006 held in Department of Statistics, University of Delhi, Delhi-7
- Participated in the Sixth International Triennial Calcutta Symposium on Probability and Statistics from 29th -31st December 2006 at the Department of Statistics, Calcutta University.
- Participated in a national seminar on “Identification of Research Priorities in Tripura”, organized by Indira Gandhi National Open University, Agartala, Tripura, held during February 12-13, 2011.
- Participated in the National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Science & Technology”, organized by Faculty of Science & Technology, The ICFAI University, Tripura during March 25-26, 2011.
- Participated in a workshop on “An Overview of Census Operations”, organized by Cotton College Statistical Society, Department of Statistics, Cotton College, Guwahati, held on 9th February 2012.
- Participated in a workshop on “An Introduction to Categorical Analysis and Survival Analysis”, organized by Department of Statistics, NEHU, Shillong, Meghalaya held during November 29 - December1.2012
- Participated in a workshop on “Statistical Computing and its Applications”, organized by Cotton College Statistical Society, Department of Statistics, Cotton College, Guwahati, held from 7th - 9th February 2013.
- Participated in a day workshop on “Applications of Elementary Probability and Statistical Inference”, organized by the Department of Statistics, Cotton College on the 16th of November, 2015.
- Participated in a day workshop on “Women & Mental Health”, organized by the Department of Psychology, Cotton College State University on the 8th of March, 2016.
- Participated in one day workshop on “National Information System for Climate and Environment Studies(NICES) and its activities” organized by ISRO, Dept. of Space, Govt. of India, Hyderabad, NESAC, Dept. of Space, Govt. of India, Umiam, Shillong in collaboration with ICRC, Cotton University on 29th of January, 2018.
- Participated in a day workshop on “Hydro-meteorological modeling for regional flood prediction”, organized by ICRC, Cotton University on 7th of March, 2018.
- Participated in a one-day state level workshop on “Administration, management and Examination Excellence in School Education”, organized by Commonwealth Council for Educational Administration and Management-Assam affiliate (CCEAM) in collaboration with Cotton University and Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) on 11th of October, 2018.
- Participated and delivered an oral presentation during the 7th Global Summit on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants held from November 19 – 21, 2018 in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Participated in a national seminar on “Harnessing Wetlands for sustainable Livelihood”, organized by Assam Science Technology & Environment Council (ASTEC) in collaboration with Cotton University during 26 – 27 November 2018.
- Participated in a one-day Faculty Development Program on “Emerging Dimensions of Management Education”, sponsored by Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS), Hyderabad, and organized by Assam Institute of Management (AIM), Guwahati on 2nd of February, 2019.
- Worked as a guest lecturer in the Department of Microbiology, Institute of Home Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi from 2001 to 2003.
- Worked as Centre in charge of the University of Petroleum & Energy Studies - Centre for Continuing (UPES - CCE) Examinations at Cotton College during 2013-14.
- Co-investigator in a project sponsored by Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Assam, 2015.
- Principal Investigator in a project sponsored by SCERT, Assam, 2018.
- SLM writer for Gauhati University IDOL.
- Co-Investigator in a project sponsored by SCERT, Assam, 2019.
- Resource person, SCERT, Guwahati, Assam.
- Delivered invited talks at Kaziranga University, 2019.
- Research guide ship under Cotton University.
- Acted as coordinator of the 3 days workshop on “An Introduction to Categorical Analysis and Survival Analysis”, organized by Cotton College Statistical Society, Department of Statistics, Cotton College, Guwahati, held during 7th - 9th February 2013.
- Member of the Organizing Committee in the International Conference on “Harnessing Natural Resources for Sustainable Development – Global Trends” organized by Cotton College, Guwahati from 29th – 31st January 2014.
- Member of the Organizing Committee in the First International Conference on “Climate Science” organized by Cotton College, Guwahati from 7th – 8th March 2016.
- Member of the Organizing Committee in the two-day NE regional conclave on the emerging technologies for clean energy jointly organized by the ICRC-National Institute of Science, Technology and Development Studies (ICRC-NISTADS), and the Inter discipline Climate Research Centre (ICRC), of Cotton University during 6-7 June 2018.
- Working as a reviewer of
- Electronic Journal of Applied Statistical Analysis (EJASA)
- The Journal of Engineering and Computer Innovations
- The International Journal of Applied Mathematics & Statistics
- Springer Group of Journals.
- British Journal of Mathematics & Computer Science
- American Journal of Biostatistics
- Journal of Population and Social Studies
- Acted as Member, Cotton College State University Degree Course Syllabus Committee.
- Acted as Assistant Secretary, Cotton College Teacher’s Co-operative Society, Cotton University
- Acted as Assistant Treasurer, Cotton College Women’s Forum, Cotton College.
- Acted as Core Member of Coffee House and Canteen Maintenance Committee.
- Acted as Core Member, Cotton College State University CBCS UG & PG Syllabus Committee.
- Presently Convener of Student’s Placement Cell, Cotton University.
- Presently Joint Convener of Routine Committee, Cotton University.
- Presently Secretary, Cotton College Teacher’s Co-operative Society, Cotton University
- Presently Core Member, Cotton University Degree Course Admission Committee.
- Presently Member, Cotton University HS Course Admission Committee.
- Presently Member, Committee for preparation of draft rules and regulations for UG/PG admission, examination, and attendance, etc.
- Presently Member, Cotton University Editorial and Management Committee.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Member of Commonwealth Council for Educational Administration and Management (CCEAM).
- Life member of the International Indian Statistical Association (IISA)